Hi,

Since I submitted that patch.. I guess I should answer.

The code in vpopmail was first trying to connect to the server for a given
database. If that was failing, it would try the server only and if that
succeeded, it was considering that the server was fine but that the DB was
not created.

Apparently, under some load, it could happen that the first request would
fail, but the second would be accepted...

All the patch does is make the code connect to the server first and then use
the Database. If the first call fails, the delivery fails (temporary failure)
and the message is delivered later.

Cheers,
        François