On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:54:55 +0700
François Wautier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since I submitted that patch.. I guess I should answer.
>
> The code in vpopmail was first trying to connect to the server for a given
> database. If that was failing, it would try the server only and if that
> succeeded, it was considering that the server was fine but that the DB was
> not created.
>
> Apparently, under some load, it could happen that the first request would
> fail, but the second would be accepted...
>
> All the patch does is make the code connect to the server first and then use
> the Database. If the first call fails, the delivery fails (temporary failure)
> and the message is delivered later.
>
> Cheers,
>       François

Thanks for the explanation, François :)

I was having this problem, not only when delivering messages, but specially when
checking POP3 mail (vchkpw). Will that be fixed too? Or am I going to get a different
error?
Also, using Antonio Nati's qmail-smtpd-chkusr patch (as in
http://www.interazioni.it/qmail/qmail-smtpd-chkusr-10.html), what will be the effect
with the new corrected mysql patch? I was getting some "no such user" errors before...

thanks!

Jean