Hello All,

I've been trying to find a method to run qmail + smtpd-auth + vpopmail with support
for system
accounts without running any of it as root. Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

I believe it is impossible to have system account support without some part of the
system running
as root. Is this correct?

Do most people run qmail-pop3d + vpopmail as root? I used to do this but recently
switched over to
:

qmail-pop3d runs as vpopmail - everything works except system account password checking

qmail-smtpd runs as qmaild user, vchkpw (for smtp-auth) is set as setuid
vpopmail.vchkpw

Can anyone point me to a better method? A URL is fine. I've been unable to find
anything.

I've considered going back to running qmail-pop3d as root, any suggestions?

Thanks!