> Hi Rick,
> You must think I'm a dork for the following awnser but I had the server
> installed by someone else ..
> I think they installed courier-imap (because in the Maildir of my Linux
> account witch I can access though pop3 and imap suddenly has files called
> courierimap... in it).
> How can I see what is / isn't installed? The
> /usr/lib/courier-imap/etc/authdaemonrc Does not exist ..

Nothing wrong with having someone else install it, but it can lead to
problems like this :)

It sounds to me like the person you got to install it, installed it for
standard Unix password users and not for vpopmail.  You will apparently
have to contact them and get them to fix it because it seems that it was
not installed in the standard place.

A good page to help install it is http://www.shupp.org/toaster/#courier-imap

It's me again:

I found /usr/lib/courier-imap/etc/authdaemonrc it belongs to root:root
It means courier-imap is installed but under the wrong user .. As you said!

On the help page you suggested I found:
->Edit /usr/lib/courier-imap/etc/imapd
->Edit /usr/lib/courier-imap/etc/imapd-ssl
Needed to be done ... so I did..

I'll now try to find out how to re-install the courier-imap

Tnx for you help so far