hey all...
I have been tracking a few issues that are slightly anoying and
causing me great concern when running vpopmail on a production site.

vpopmail 5.4.5 (I know 5.4.6 is more current however ...
the sql injection is the least of my wories at this time!)

netqmail-1.0.5
Maildir++ patches applied.
qmail-pop3d
mysql

clean builds and
all applicable patches applied.

we are using Maildir as the delivery method of choice.

issue one...

clearing a quotawarn message.

the systems fail to clear a quotawarn message for users
who pop in and remove mail (once they are over quota).
in addition there does not appear to be a method to
force a recalculation of the maildirsize without deleting
it entirly.

the 15min expirey and recalculation of maildir does not appear
to be occuring
or
if it is it fails to remove the quotawarn message.

below is a maildirsize for an account in question...
original maildirsize file

20971520S,1000C
20972344        172
-16375287       -135
-3200873        -3
-1396184        -34
42348   1
-42348  -1
2415    1
1857    1
-4272   -2
1833    1
-1833   -1
56575   1
-56575  -1
2511    1
-2511   -1
2409    1
-2409   -1
1801    1
1612    1
-1801   -1
-1612   -1
1666    1
-1666   -1
11160   1
-11160  -1
5579    1
778     1
-6357   -2
12152   1
-12152  -1
2523    1
275814  1
6960    1
-285297 -3
5278    1
1880379 1
4359    1
39684   1
-1929700        -4
301056  1
-301056 -1
780     1
10543   1
307468  1
-318791 -3
1823    1
-1823   -1
4058    1
-4058   -1
51644   1
51649   1
51648   1
51647   1
51646   1
51647   1
51643   1
51644   1
-51644  -1
-103297 -2
-154940 -3
-51643  -1
-51644  -1
1620451 1
-1620451        -1
4578    1
9593    1
-14171  -2
1820    1
5965    1
5617    1
-1820   -1
-5965   -1
-5617   -1
1978    1
-1978   -1
1999    1
3707    1
3723    1
-1999   -1
-7430   -2
3126    1
-3126   -1
3137    1
-3137   -1
4131    1
-4131   -1
4467    1
-4467   -1
3877    1
-3877   -1
2022    1
-2022   -1
18730   1
-18730  -1
34341   1
3381    1
793     1
-37722  -2
-793    -1
11952   1
-11952  -1
2677    1
-2677   -1
8691    1
-8691   -1
9046    1
-9046   -1
12023   1
-12023  -1
1774    1
-1774   -1
5309    1
3291    1
-5309   -1
-3291   -1
7141    1
2742    1
-7141   -1
-2742   -1
10827   1
-10827  -1
1144    1
-1144   -1
6771    1
-6771   -1
13935   1
-13935  -1
42068   1
-42068  -1
922079  1
20992   1
7309    1
5451    1
5534    1
789     1
20541   1
503616  1
556989  1
556991  1
787     1
354195  1
783     1
4647    1
5789    1
713230  1
69955   1
2087    1
2356089 1
3887    1
8078    1
5813    1
1434    1
-6127065        -23
4463    1
794     1
-5257   -2
807946  1
-807946 -1
4380    1
-4380   -1
9359    1
-9359   -1
6918    1
-6918   -1
9497    1
-9497   -1
2165    1
1900    1
-4065   -2
11176   1
-11176  -1
3345    1
69778   1
-73123  -2
2965    1
-2965   -1
3132    1
-3132   -1
4095    1
-4095   -1
780     1
7590    1
1668    1
5268    1
114303  1
44809   1
9621    1
9626    1
-193665 -8
39645   1
-39645  -1
56949   1
-56949  -1
1144    1
-1144   -1
1620    1
-1620   -1
98955   1
-98955  -1
2980    1
-2980   -1

reported 0% usage of quota...
(ps it all added up correctly)

in attempting to debug this issue...
maildirsize was deleted from the users account
to cause maildirsize to be recalculated...
after 7 messages results were ....

20971520S,1000C
0 0
971 1
-971 -1
778 1
-778 -1
3691 1
-3691 -1
4403 1
-4403 -1
3987 1
-3987 -1
6211 1
-6211 -1
2329 1
-2329 -1

this was looking good....
however....

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Maildir]# ls -la
total 32
drwx------    5 vpopmail vchkpw       4096 Aug 19 17:26 .
drwx------    3 vpopmail vchkpw       4096 Jul 22 08:08 ..
drwx------    2 vpopmail vchkpw       8192 Aug  4 21:48 cur
-rw-------    1 vpopmail vchkpw        128 Aug 20 09:11 maildirsize
drwx------    2 vpopmail vchkpw       8192 Aug 20 09:11 new
-rw-------    1 vpopmail vchkpw          0 Aug  3 21:50 quotawarn
drwx------    2 vpopmail vchkpw       4096 Aug 20 09:10 tmp

note the quotawarn message ... set Aug 3
that was not removed...
any thoughts?

thank you for your time....
kenneth gf brown