If the script is set to only be readable and executable by root then it shouldn't be too big of a problem unless you really have that many people with root access.

There is no where that I know of in vpopmail to automatically keep tabs on the amount of records in the vlog table.

That's why I had added it as a feature in my Customer Support Pages:

Richard A. Secor
Sequential Logic