From: Jake S [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2004 8:47 PM
Subject: RE: [vchkpw] allowing users to change their own passwords

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Clark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2004 5:14 PM

I'm new to this list so I apologize in advance for asking what will likely
be a common question.

I manage a new virtual web site and email service for our church, and our
web hosting company uses qmail and vpopmail for virtual mail administration.
I'm looking for a way to allow the people I have created mailboxes for to
change their own passwords, set up forwarding and vacation messages without
asking me to do it for them. I would like to do this with a browser
interface, and I expect to write one myself. I have figured out how to
manipulate the correct ../auth files with a new MD5 password, but I can't
sort out how to authenticate the user against that MD5 file in the first
place before we change it.

If anyone has either an idea on how I can do my own authentication, or if
there is a package I can install to simplify my life for ens user password
maintenance, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance...

I'm not sure if this is an option for you but have you looked at qmailadmin?
It can be found at:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/qmailadmin/ and plugs
right into vpopomail.

It would accomplish everything you listed above and is brand-able for your
church to boot.  Check it out.

Thank you,
Jake Seitz - Founder
Agatestreet.com - Cleaning Inbox's one domain at a time!
d 1.866.850.1608
f 1.858.964.6461