Ownership of vchangepw probably wont allow normal users to run, and you most
likely wouldn't want that for security reasons.

You could make your own perl script (suid vpopmail:vchkpw), and when run,
prompt for the full email addres, prompt the old password to check, and upon
success, accept the new password that you could then pass to the vpopmail
perl module (below), system the vchangepw, or just make the changes to mysql
(if you're using) with perl DBI.

There is a really old perl module that might still work here:
http://bluedot.net/projects/vpopmail.html

--joey