What, precisely, is gained by supporting postfix? i don't see the point.

At 02:45 PM 9/8/2004, you wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Bowe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> The perfect world would be a vpopmail mailbox management combined with
> postfix MTA  :-)

Yes! I keep saying that. I had heard that there is work going on to create
an abstraction layer between vpopmail and qmail (i.e. vpopmail functions do
X rather than doing X with qmail). I promptly joined the development list
but its low traffic and I don't really see a lot of those types of changes
happening... nor do I see a well defined path layed out where anyone else
can help to make this happen without either just doing it all themselves or
contributing work with your fingers crossed.

The main/only developers on vpopmail seem VERY fixated on qmail and for some
reason are unwilling to work towards supporting other MTA.

-Steve

Paul Theodoropoulos http://www.anastrophe.com http://www.smileglobal.com