Hi,

We started with Spamassassin called from users .qmail file (with user prefs), clamd with qmailscanner and
####
/usr/local/bin/rblsmtpd -b -C \
-r 'relays.ordb.org:Your message was rejected because the mail server you use is configured to allow OPEN RELAY - More detailed information regarding this problem is available from http://www.ordb.org/lookup/?host=%IP% - Please forward this error through to your email server support staff for easy resolution.' \
-t 5 \
####
in our qmail-smtp run file. IsoQLog shows that we recieved approx 3.5 - 4 million messages each month from january to june. Mid june, we modified our qmail-smtp run file to:
####
/usr/local/bin/rblsmtpd -b -C \
-r 'relays.ordb.org:Your message was rejected because the mail server you use is configured to allow OPEN RELAY - More detailed information regarding this problem is available from http://www.ordb.org/lookup/?host=%IP% - Please forward this error through to your email server support staff for easy resolution.' \
-r 'sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org:Probable spam connection rejected. Details at http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=%IP%' \
-r 'list.dsbl.org:Probable spam connection rejected. Details at http://dsbl.org/listing?%IP%' \
-t 5 \
####
July's recieved count was at 2.2 million and august's count was at 1.1 million. we have had nothing but "thanks" from our customers who recieve less than half of the spammail they used to, before spamassassin come into play.

The ordb stopped very little spam, The XBL/SBL stops MORE THAN HALF of our incoming mail.
http://www.spamhaus.org

Brian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Niemantsverdriet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>