On Sep 21, 2004, at 12:41 AM, Andreas H wrote:
I have problem with adding domains(or email-addresses) with the Norwegian
character æ,ø,å . When I try to add a domain with one of this character I
get a "Invalid domain name" in Vpopmail. Is there any solution to this
problem? What should I change to make it verify my characters?

This came up on the list about a year ago. Basically, we (the developers) need to make significant changes to vpopmail and qmailadmin to support those extended characters. It isn't an easy task, even with some of the code libraries out there for converting such domains.

The problem is that we have to decide on how domain names and email addresses will be stored internally, and then make sure that they're converted to the correct format when used in filenames or displayed to the end user.

It would not be a minor undertaking.

To get around this, you will have to manually convert the characters (per whatever RFC explains it) and use the 7-bit ASCII version of the domain name when working with vpopmail and qmailadmin.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]