Hi
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 07:41:20 -0700, Tom Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sep 21, 2004, at 12:41 AM, Andreas H wrote:
> > I have problem with adding domains(or email-addresses) with the
> > Norwegian
> > character ,, . When I try to add a domain with one of this
> > character I
> > get a "Invalid domain name" in Vpopmail. Is there any solution to this
> > problem? What should I change to make it verify my characters?
> This came up on the list about a year ago.  Basically, we (the
> developers) need to make significant changes to vpopmail and qmailadmin
> to support those extended characters.  It isn't an easy task, even with
> some of the code libraries out there for converting such domains.
I don't know about norway, but here in Switzerland we are using IDN
domainnames for special character domain-names. From the Mailserver
point of view, the domainname stays in the 7bit ascii-range, the
clients must make sure they convert everything accordingly. So for the
domain .ch, I'd use vadddomain xn--4ca0bs.ch (punycode). This works
fine, it's only a hassle for the users.
Maybe it would be possible for vpopmail to do this conversion in
vpopmail if special characters are detected?

Hope that helps and regards

Flavio

--
http://no-way.org/~fcu/