Brian Feeny wrote:

Does the hashing that is used by .dir-control depend at all on the actual domain name? For example, if it came up with a hashed
directory structure in which to put "foobar.com", would it matter if I went in to /var/qmail/users/assign, and changed the name of the domain
to "somethingelse.com", and then of course changed the directory name from foobar.com to somethingelse.com. Would this be a problem?

My problem is I am trying to migrate a bunch of domains (600+) from my own hash style, into vpopmails native .dir-control hash style. So my
plan goes something like this:

I create a dummy domain test.com
I create all the accounts under test.com just like the domain I am trying to move over
I then move all the Maildirs into test.com and then change the name from test.com to the domain I was moving

I am thinking this should work, but not sure if .dir-control cares what the name is of the domain, or if the hash has nothing to do with the structure of the domain
name.
If you use MySQL it will matter as the dir hash info is stored under the domain name. If you do not use MySQL, I would think that you would be ok. The new .dir-control will be correct for the number of users/hashing. The .dir-control file does not have any domain information inside. vpopmail cares not one wit about the name of the domain it is hashing.

DAve

Brian

Brian Feeny, CCIE #8036, CISSP e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Network Engineer p: 318.213.4709
ShreveNet Inc. f: 318.221.6612

-- Systems Administrator http://www.tls.net Get rid of Unwanted Emails...get TLS Spam Blocker!