On Thursday 23 September 2004 06:25 pm, tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:
> At 23/09/2004 23/09/2004 -0400, you wrote:
> >I didn't see anything in the docs or change logs specifically regarding
> >the mysql connection problem that sometimes crops up with vpopmail.  Has
> >this been addressed ?
>
> Yes, chkuser 2.0 includes a new call, vauth_open(), that Rick Widmer told
> is in vpopmail CVS, and will be able to return the status of connection.
>
> As default this call is disabled, and should be enabled (uncommenting
> #define CHKUSER_ENABLE_VAUTH_OPEN in chkuser_settings.h) when this call is
> released.

as a suggestion, would it be possible to have a definition placed into
vpopmail.h such as:
#define HAVE_VAUTH_OPEN

that way programs that link against vpopmail can support both methods without
any user intervention, and also this way, if say perhaps the postgres code
doesn't have vauth_open, and the mysql does, etc, so someone linking against
it need not worry about it :)

Hopefully that made sense :)

-Jeremy

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ www.inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
        kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
           GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ scriptkitchen.com/kitchen.asc