Hi Folks,

I've been experimenting some problems about MySQL connections too.
Aparently connections with MySQL wasn't closed (or something like that)
and the server's  load started to grow up.
At the begining, I thought that the problem was in MySQL's configuration
(timeouts, etc); but it wasn't. I improved the MySQL connections when
I recompiled MySQL as static and then recompile vpopmail; it spend more
server's memory I know, but the connection close faster.
When my POP3 server reach approximately 100 connections/second, the
problem come back, but not so hard as before static compiled.
Perhaps, the complete solution for high load servers using vpopmail and
MySQL will be SQLRelay (for connection pooling).

It's my two cents.

Telles

Dave Goodrich wrote: