On Nov 9, 2004, at 9:57 AM, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
On Tuesday 09 November 2004 12:17 pm, Tom Collins wrote:
On Nov 9, 2004, at 5:48 AM, Rainer Duffner wrote:
Is it possible to create these addresses with qmail or vpopmail ?

Yes, but you will have problems modifying them with QmailAdmin. I know
what the problem is, but haven't had the time to correct it.

Basically, I'll be adding functions to rewrite strings in HTML form
(converting &, < and > at least) and CGI value form (most special chars
to %xx, space to +, etc.). Then the fun task of going through the
source and converting strings wherever necessary.

It'd definitely be nice to get this fixed. That "First+Last" bug in vqadmin (and possibly qmailadmin) is really annoying. :(

I now have code on my test machine that addresses this problem. It also prevents possible cross site scripting attacks by escaping "<" and ">". I also noted that QmailAdmin didn't allow '&' in an email address, so I've updated that as well.

I'm doing some more tests, but when I'm done you'll even be able to have a domain admin with an address like [EMAIL PROTECTED] Currently, it's impossible for that user to accomplish much of anything in QmailAdmin.

I haven't gotten involved in the vqadmin project (Vpopmail and QmailAdmin eat too much of my time already), but if anyone is actively maintaining it, they can email me for info on how to fix vqadmin as well.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]