On Thursday 11 November 2004 12:39 am, Tom Collins wrote:
> Alessandro Sappia submitted a patch to SourceForge for the LDAP backend
> that loads its settings from a file instead of having them hard-coded
> into the binary (much like the vpopmail.mysql file for the MySQL
> backend).
>
> Can someone who uses LDAP check it out and let me know if we should add
> it to the next distribution?  Thanks.

looks pretty sane, however I think the doc part should be changed:

+   # Create the configuration file that vpopmail will use
+   # to setup the connection to the mysql database
+   #
+   # This example will tell vpopmail :
+   #   * Log into the server running on localhost
+   #   * Use the default ldap port (339)
+   #   * Bind as the DN 'cn=vpopmailuser,o=vpopmail'
+   #   * Bind with the password vpoppasswd
+   #   * Use the search base 'o=vpopmail'
+   #
+
+   echo "localhost|389|cn=vpopmailuser, o=vpopmail|vpoppasswd|o=vpopmail" >
~vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.ldap
+   chown vpopmail.vchkpw ~vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.ldap
+   chmod 640 ~vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.ldap

(note that this is all line wrapped in my email so it is not usable.)

I will also post this on the sourceforge page.

Now that I look at that a little, I think we should change all instances of
VLDAP_USER to VLDAP_BINDDN and VLDAP_PASSWORD to VLDAP_BINDPASSWD to avoid
confusing those defines with information retrieved from ldap.

-Jeremy

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ www.inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
      kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet IRC ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
         GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]