At 18.34 24/11/2004, you wrote:
On Wednesday 24 November 2004 04:17 am, tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:
> CORRECTION TO THE PREVIOUS MESSAGE.
>

> CHKUSER_ENABLE_NULL_SENDER is in 2.0.7.
>
> This version may be considered stable, despite of its "devel" attribute.

I tried to use it.. looks like I need to patch with 2.0.6 and then patch the
2.0.7 patch against it?

No, if you have 2.0.5 means you're not using Toaster (version 2.0.6 contains only the Toaster patch).

You have to copy newer chkuser.c, chkuser.h, chkuser_settings.h and patch your Makefile using Makefile.patch.

> On next days I'll publish a 2.0.8 "release", and update online
> documentation. 2.0.8 that will probably be the definitive stable chkuser,
> with the most of RFC compliance.
>
> One general question, before I publish 2.0.8:
>
> Does it make sense to have format checking enabled as default?

I think it's beyond the scope of the functionality of the chkuser patch, to be
honest.

Perhaps the code could be split up into chkuser, which does its purpose in
validating local recipients, and another patch that attempts to perform some
checks on the envelope sender.

I'll follow this suggestion: keeping all non RFC options commented (exclude format control, exclude MX control, accept NULL sender, etc.), and improving documentation.

Thanks,

Tonino

-Jeremy

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ www.inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
      kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet IRC ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
         GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]