On Thu, November 25, 2004 11:02 am, Casey Allen Shobe said:
> On Thu, November 25, 2004 9:50 am, Tom Collins said:
>> What are the permissions on qmailadmin?
>> -rwsr-sr-x 1 vpopmail vchkpw 438385 Aug 26 09:53 qmailadmin
> Mine was not ug+s, but that would not have changed. I went ahead and
> chmoded it so that it looked identical to yours, however logins still
WHOOPS, turns out I was completely wrong here. I tried chmod ug+s on the
main copy of qmail admin, but as it happened, I'd copied that file into my
web root, rather than symlinked. So I tried ug+s on the correct copy, and
it works. I then tried a manual chown 1004:1004 on the file, and saw that
the +s attributes were removed (not what I would have thought)! So, long
story short, qmailadmin is now working again, it's just smtp auth that's
not working now.
I'll keep digging...thanks for all your advice so far,
Casey Allen Shobe