I've seen a lot of people complain about this issue, but I've yet to see a resolution to this problem. Basically, I'm running the following:

courier-imap v4.0.0
courier-authlib v0.51

in authdaemonrc I have authvchkpw listed as the only authentication module. When I start up authdaemon, I'm able to login for about 1 minute and then it's sporadic... There are very few times that I can login, but I'm always able to right after a restart of authdaemon.

This was posted on courier-imap's mailing list and they refered the people complaining about it to the vpopmail mailing list and said this is a "Known bug". What can I do to fix this?