Can someone give me a list of steps to check in order to isolate this problem?

I have a QMail server with about 20 domains. I want to set up an alias so that email from:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] which is handled by our QMail server, will be forwarded to [EMAIL PROTECTED], his hotmail account.

I went to /home/vpopmail/domains/

In the domain I created a file called .qmail-bob
In the file, I places &[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I saved and closed the file.

When I send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED], I do not see it at

Any ideas?  Also, I do not see the alias in vqadmin.