> Tom Collins wrote:
> > On Dec 22, 2004, at 12:51 AM, Khan wrote:
> >
> >> Id it possible to configure vpopmail and qmailadmin to use MD5
> >> passwords. I'm thinking of installing jabber server that
> will use same
> >> database as vpopmail, but I am not shure will I be able to
> authenticate.
> >

> > Vpopmail uses md5 by default.
>
> yes, but then it add some other cripting. I would like to
> have only md5
> in my database.

What other crypting do you think its adding? In my standard vpopmail+mysql
based install on linux it uses MD5 password crypts in the database. My
understanding of vpopmail was that it stored the output of the crypt()
function, so whatever your system crypt() does by default is what gets used.

Hope that helps,
Nick Harring