On Tuesday 04 January 2005 04:20 pm, X-Istence wrote:
> On Jan 4, 2005, at 11:48 AM, Jeremy Kitchen wrote:
> > On Tuesday 04 January 2005 09:13 am, Walter Souto R. Junior wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> My regitrar always capitalize the name of domains for the contacts
> >> (e.g.
> >> <name>@<DOMAIN.TLD> and the messages he send to me never comes. I try
> >> change the the e-mail and I get the message normally, but after the
> >> confirmation, the system of the registrar capitalizes the domain
> >> again...
> >
> > domains have no case sensitivity.  DoMaIn.TlD is the same as
> > domain.tld,
> > DOMAIN.TLD, dOmAIN.tlD, etc.  Technically, local parts can be case
> > sensitive,
> > but qmail converts all local parts to lowercase (as I believe most
> > other UNIX
> > mtas do as well).  On a qmail system, LaRRY is the same as larry,
> > lArRy,
> > LarRy, etc, they're all delivered to 'larry'
>
> So if i have a user whose username is GlaanieBoy, he would not recv any
> email? Since he does not have email enabled on his account it is not a
> problem, but i am asking in case that is true, which would mean i could
> only create accounts with lowercase letters.

that is correct.  However you can mak an account glaanieboy and any mail to
GlaanieBoy would go there.

-Jeremy

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ www.inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
      kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet IRC ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
         GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]