I can't say for the qmailrocks version, in standard chkuser 2.0.8 you have new defines that may help you.

CHKUSER_ENABLE_ALIAS_DEFAULT Enables checking of .qmail-alias-default files

You may try to keep your patched qmail-smtpd.c and copy newer chkuser.h, chkuser_settings.h, chkuser.c, then change settings, compile and see if you have reached your goal.