How many messages does the user have?  I have seen this error when there
are thousands of messages in a user's Maildir.

Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Ababurko [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 7:31 AM
To: vchkpw@inter7.com
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] multiple issues.....cannot get in!!

Tom Collins wrote:
> On Jan 18, 2005, at 7:27 PM, Bob Ababurko wrote:
>
>> I am running vpopmail with vchkpw and I am having an few isssues that

>> I believe are connected.  I have many virtual domains, but on at
>> lease one account in one domain, I cannot log into my mail and see
>> the error,
>>
>> Sending of the password did not succeed.  unable to scan
$HOME/Maildir.
>> (using mozilla thunderbird)
>>
>> OR
>>
>> -ERR unable to scan $HOME/Maildir, telneting to box
>

> Sounds like there's a problem with that account's Maildir.
>
> Use vuserinfo to see what the home directory is set to.  su to
> vpopmail and see if you can get to that directory.  Make sure there
> are three directories, new, cur and tmp in there.  Compare the
> permissions and ownership to another user's Maildir that is working
correctly.

> --
> Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> QmailAdmin: http://qmailadmin.sf.net/  Vpopmail:
> http://vpopmail.sf.net/ Info on the Sniffter hand-held Network Tester:

> http://sniffter.com/

All the permissions are the same in this directory as ones that are
working fine.

When I do a vuserinfo on this user, it shows that it is able to
authenticate, by giving a recent time of authentication, but it is not
able to read the Maildir for some reason.

The permissions in this dir are:

drwx------  2 vpopmail  vchkpw  367104 Jan 15 21:40 cur
-rw-r--r--  1 vpopmail  vchkpw     297 Jan 19 09:24 maildirsize
drwx------  2 vpopmail  vchkpw   86016 Jan 19 09:24 new
drwx------  2 vpopmail  vchkpw     512 Jan 19 09:24 tmp

and the dir above it...the users home dir:

drwx------  3 vpopmail  vchkpw  512 Oct 26 00:27 .
drwx------  9 vpopmail  vchkpw  512 Jan 12 15:22 ..
drwx------  8 vpopmail  vchkpw  512 Jan 19 08:29 Maildir
-rw-------  1 vpopmail  vchkpw   12 Jan 19 09:31 lastauth