Alexander S wrote:
Alexandr S wrote:

Vpopmail dont check /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-*   . For example:
$echo "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" > /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-mailer-daemon
$mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Then qmail answers:
" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
 Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. vpopmail (#5.1.1)   "

User "sun" presents in my virtual domail "some.domain.com".
I use mainly QMR installation: qmail-1.03-jms1.5c.patch (http://www.jms1.net/qmail/) + qmail-103.patch + qmail-maildir++.patch
I compilled Vpopmail with: ./configure --enable-valias; gmake && gmake install-strip

What`s the reason?

The - is replaced with a : for the file name. You should use .qmail-mailer:daemon instead of .qmail-mail-daemon.

Using .qmail-mailer:daemon instead of .qmail-mail-daemon --- doesnt help to solve the problem.
$echo "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" > /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-anyuser
$chmod 644 /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-anyuser
$mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--the same bad result. (Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. vpopmail (#5.1.1))

I use Vpopmail v5.4.9 , FreeBSD 5.3.

Hi,

Sorry, although the information about : was correct, I didn't read the rest of your post (put the blame on not having any coffee yet this morning).

You are correct, vpopmail doesn't know anything about *local* qmail aliases. If some.domain.com is a vpopmail domain, then the .qmail file has to go in ~vpopmail/domains/some.domain.com

Regards,

Rick