Well its not a problem to say, just was wondering is all, I thought it might
be a virtual setting that would be set somewhere is all. That seems obvious
now about the fqdn for the server though. The way I was thinking of it was
that when the sending mail server initiates the HELO it would be looking for
the mail.trells.com for say and if the mail server is say setup for like
mail.whatever.com it would see that it is looking for mail.trells.com and
respond with a HELO for mail.trells.com and not the mail.whatever.com.

There is so much more I got to learn about mail :)

Thanks for the info.

> On Thursday 10 February 2005 11:52 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I have setup the qmail first with domain1, then using vpopmail added the
> > other domains, domain2, domain3 etc.
> >
> > The server can receive mail for all the domains just fine but what I'm
> > looking at is that when a HELO is sent say for domain2, the server replies
> > with the HELO for for the domain1.
> >
> > How do I get qmail/vpopmail to issue the HELO for each domain and not the
> > primary domain name?
> this is a qmail question, not vpopmail.. so it should go on the qmail
list.> ..
> however:
> you can't.  the qmail server has *NO* idea what domain the client is
trying>  to
> send to when the client issues HELO/EHLO, therefore, it cannot respond
> accordingly.
> Also, what happens if one client is sending to two domains on your server?
> What should it respond to HELO/EHLO with?
> the helo/ehlo response should be the FQDN of your mail server.  For
instanc> e,
> if you connect to mine, you'll see that it responds with
> tranquility.scriptkitchen.com, which is the FQDN of my mail server.
Connec> t