I have a local account on my hosting machine that runs an hourly cron job. I'm trying to get the output of that job to forward to one of the virtual accounts. Should be simple enough. I have jobs in the global /etc/crontab file that run as root and clamav, and the output gets forwarded by the .qmail-root file in /var/qmail/alias.

But, for some odd reason, the personal crontab for this user (let's call him 'fred') won't forward. I have a .qmail-fred that's identical to .qmail-root and .qmail-clamav in /var/qmail/alias, and that doesn't do it. I have a .qmail-default in ~fred (with correct permissions) and that doesn't do it either.

qmail-send logs a "deferral: Unable_to_chdir_to_maildir._(#4.2.1)/" error. Of course that user doesn't have a Maildir -- I want the mail to forward to another account. User 'fred' can read ~alias/.qmail-fred and ~fred/.qmail-default.

Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas? I can see the messages in the queue, with [EMAIL PROTECTED] listed as the to address.

--
Tom Collins - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
QmailAdmin: http://qmailadmin.sf.net/ Vpopmail: http://vpopmail.sf.net/