On Thursday 03 March 2005 06:43 pm, Tom Collins wrote:
> On Mar 3, 2005, at 2:20 PM, Dave Goodrich wrote:
> > I have several scripts that output data from my mail servers and I
> > just add a .qmail-? file to /var/qmail/alias.
>
> I had an odd situation where this wasn't working for the output of some
> cron jobs.
>
> Instead of a .qmail-fred in ~alias, I had to put the forwarding address
> in ~fred/.qmail.

that's actually not odd behavior.  If there's a fred system user, then mail to
fred will be delivered to him.  If there is not, then it will be delivered to
~alias/.qmail-fred

of course, this is all overridden if there is a fred user in
the /var/qmail/users/cdb somehow ;)

-Jeremy

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ www.inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
      kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet IRC ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
         GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]