Hi,
On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 14:54, Blake wrote:
> Tom Collins wrote:
>
> > On Mar 11, 2005, at 12:57 PM, Blake wrote:
> >
> >> I also got this error from qmailadmin:
> >>
> >> file permission error
> >> /home/vpopmail/domains/cccwireless.net/postmaster/Maildir/ 1110573912.qw
> >>
> >> does that make more since?
> >

> > No, but it makes more sense.
> >
> > qmailadmin needs to be owned by vpopmail:vchkpw and have the suid bit
> > set in its permissions.
> >
> > I needs to be on a partition that isn't mounted with the nosuid option.
> >
> > ~vpopmail/domains should be owned, in its entirety by vpopmail:vchkpw.
> >
> > If qmailadmin doesn't run as vpopmail, then it can't authenticate
> > users  on a cdb backend, and it won't allow anyone to log in with a
> > MySQL  backend.
> >
> > --
> > Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > QmailAdmin: http://qmailadmin.sf.net/  Vpopmail: http://vpopmail.sf.net/
> > You don't need a laptop to troubleshoot high-speed Internet:
> > sniffter.com
> >
> Guess what!!
>
> That fixed it. I have successfully moved my entire mail database over to
> another computer and it functions exactly the same as the old server!!
> This would be a great howto:
> if you are using qmail and vpopmail with mysql:
>
> copy or rsync (Better Idea) the following directories:
>
> /var/qmail/alias
> /var/qmail/control
> /var/qmail/users
> /home/vpopmail/domains
>
> replicate the mysql database (perhaps constantly)
>
> this will keep an identical server running side by side
>
> thanks everyone!!
> -Blake-

After trying this I am unable to login to pop3 or when I issue a
vuserinfo command I get:

vmysql: can't read settings from /home/vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql
no such user [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If I telnet in I get a:

-ERR authorization failed

If I make a new domain (vadddomain) I can log into that just fine.
Vuserinfo returns the correct data.

Has anybody ran into this before? How to I go about solving it. I have
made sure that vpopmail.mysql is owned by vpopmail I even chmod 777 just
to be sure. The fact that a newly created domain functions just perfect
backs up the fact that vpopmail can read the vpopmail.mysql file.

Thanks,
 _
/-\ ndrew