On Monday 14 March 2005 05:22 pm, Claas Langbehn wrote:
> Jeremy Kitchen wrote:
>

> Hello!
>
> > > I would like to allow my vpopmail users to connect to my news server
> > > with their username/password.
> >
> > ok
> >
> > > inn's reader.conf can use an auth program to authenticate the user.
> > > Can I somehow use vchkpw for this?
> >
> > perhaps.  I would ask them.  Also, since vchkpw is a
> > checkpassword-compliant program, check out the checkpassword interface
> > documentation at
> > http://cr.yp.to/checkpwd/interface.html
>
> Okay, I found out, that inn passes these lines:
>
>     ClientAuthname: user\r
>     ClientPassword: pass\r
>
> to the authenticator program. Even though you pointed me to
> http://cr.yp.to/checkpwd/interface.html I have problems to write a shell
> wrapper to chkpw. Maybe you can give me a hint, how I can use vchkpw
> from a shell script. In particular, how I feed vchkpw with username and
> password.
>
> I tried
>
>     echo -e $USERNAME\0$PASSWORD\0$TIMESTAMP\0 | vchkpw
>
> but with no success.

http://qmailwiki.org/Qmail-checkpassword has a documented method of how to
test your checkpassword program via command line.. perhaps it can give you a
starting point.

-Jeremy

    [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
      kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet IRC ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
         GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]