>> at the bottom of the .qmail file add a:
>> |/bin/ls -lat /home/vpopmail/domains/xxxxx.com/0/joel.daas/Maildir/
>>  >>/var/log/joel.delivery.log
>
> Excellent! It is always the simple solutions you miss.

You can also telnet into port 110 (pop3), and manually log in and list the
messages. I've done that lots of times when I suspect a mail-client issue
since it's easy to just quick telnet in and see if there are any messages
there. If there aren't any messages, then the logging way is probably
easier unless you want to disable the user's POP3 login for a while to see
if messages build up when the user isn't downloading them.

     -Bill

Waveform Technology
UNIX Systems Administrator