On Monday 21 March 2005 08:01 am, Dave Goodrich wrote:
> Bob Ababurko wrote:
> > Hello-
> >
> > I am trying to move the maildirs form one server to a newer box that I
> > have done a resinstall on and I am having some major issues.  I am using
> > vpopmail 5.4.0 on both machines.  I have a working vpopmail install on
> > the new box and it is time to migrate the accounts and maildirs.
> > I figured that I could copy the /vpopmail/domains folder over to the new
> > machine and thigs would be ok since I am using vchkpw and that is with
> > the dir structure but it seems that I may have made an amatuer move
> > because I cannot log into the accounts with telnet and when I access them
> > with vqadmin to change passwords things get erased.
> > Can someone please help me see the light!
>
> Off the top of my head,
>
> Are your permissions correct?
>
> Does your /home/vpopmail/domains directory structure match the paths in
> your /var/qmail/users/assign file?

since there are so many hard coded paths everywhere (catchalls, mailing lists,
old-school 'aliases' etc..) one should not only make sure the paths match
the /var/qmail/users/assign file.. but match the *EXACT* same setup as the
old machine.  vpopmail uid/gid homedir, etc.

-Jeremy

    [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
      kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet IRC ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
         GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]