Jason Wilkinson wrote:

Bob Ababurko wrote:

Unfortunately, I did a qmailrocks install this time around and it
used some abnormail uid:gid of 1009:1004, respctively.

When you say, "change UID and
GID accordingly"...what do you mean by that?  I have changed the
assign uid:gid to 1009:1004, but that does not seem to work.

I believe that something else other than the assign file is is
causing my original 89:89 files on the 1009:1004 machine to talk

Have you tried "re-chowning" the files to be truly owned by the new UID/GID?

I'm just making this up as I go, so it's almost certain not to work as
is...but try something like.

chown 89:89 `find /home/vpopmail -user 1009` \
&& chown 89:89 `find /home/vpopmail -group 1004`


chown -R --from=1009 89 /home/vpopmail
chown -R --from=:1004 :89 /home/vpopmail

I am not aware of what, but something tells me that I will
figure it out before it all is over. I really would rather figure
out how this works as oppsed to adding all the accounts by hand. Not
only is this ugly, I am not aware of how my system is working while I
have a perfect chance to learn.

Back to the original rsync.. I think that if you use the right options when you copy the dir's you should be fine.. This is how I do it and it makes the files EXACTLY the same

rsync -ptog --force --recursive --delete rsync:// /home/vpopmail/domains

Of course you will have to change the ipaddress of the master server and the share name. But those are the options that work great for me.


Reply via email to