On Mar 24, 2005, at 8:47 AM, Greg Swift wrote:
It's not a bug. Only one warning is sent every 24 hours. The file needs to stay there so that a user who's close to their quota doesn't get repeated warnings every time the delete mail and have more arrive.

actually considering it NEVER removes the quotawarn from the user, I would personally consider it a bug. And a rather annoying one considering I have to go manually remove it else they get the warning even after emptying their box.

The quotawarn file is a 0-byte file stored in the user's directory and is only used to determine the last time an actual warning was sent. I'm not sure I understand why that is a problem. If the file is over 24 hours old, removing it will have no effect on the behavior of vdelivermail. If it's less than 24 hours old, the user will get another warning the next time their box goes over 90% full.

If you wanted to, you could add a cron job on your system to find quotawarn files older than 24 hours and delete them, but I don't think there's a need to do so.

--
Tom Collins - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
QmailAdmin: http://qmailadmin.sf.net/ Vpopmail: http://vpopmail.sf.net/