----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Collins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vchkpw@inter7.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 9:59 PM
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] authentication problem for qmail-smtp-auth

On Mar 30, 2005, at 10:33 AM, Bogdan Motoc - CRC wrote:
So, what am I doing wrong? What have I missed? What else can I do to throw some light on this matter?
I apreciate any help you can give me.

One possibility:

If you don't have clear passwords enabled, and the user tries to use CRAM-MD5 for SMTP AUTH, their authentication will fail.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You don't need a laptop to troubleshoot high-speed Internet: sniffter.com

Hmm... what auth method it is actually using is a good question. I'll try and log the smtp conversation (only recordio comes in mind at this point), and see exactly what's going on. Thank you for this ideea, and all the help.