I have recorded a AOL ip attempting to connect to a users pop account, this user having experienced missing email for the last two months. The attempts showed up when I changed the users simple password to a better one.

No answer from AOL at their [EMAIL PROTECTED] account concerning my inquires and log samples. I'm being told by an ex AOL employee that they will not provide any details of the user attempting to hack the pop account.

Any suggestions? How would other admins handle this? FBI? CERT? I do know that AOL will delete the records tonight so anything I do must happen soon or the information will be lost forever.

Thanks,

DAve