Should we make some updates to vadddomain to automatically create an alias from abuse to postmaster? We could make that the default and have an option to override it with a particular address...

Agreed, following both RFCs would be ideal. I think this would be done anyway but wanted to mention it - the alias backend should be whatever vpopmail was compiled with (MySQL or .qmail files or whatever), instead of just .qmail-abuse file (I believe I remember reading that qmailadmin only deals with the .qmail variety, but I apologize if I'm mistaken, I don't use qmailadmin).

Paul