To: "Samir Noshy in vpop" <vchkpw@inter7.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 9:49 AM
Subject: [vchkpw] Re: (Urgent) qmail-smtpd Bug !!!!!!!!!

Hello Samir,

On Tuesday, April 19, 2005 at 5:35:43 PM Samir wrote:

[SMTP-AUTH not preventing "forged" From-header]
Dude this is normal behavior.

No I don't think so, It is a big security issue.

You name it "big security issue", that doesn't necessarily make it one. It *IS* normal behavior for a (patched) qmail-installation.

If you don't like the way SMTP-AUTH is integrated within qmail: use a
different MTA that fits your needs or rewrite the SMTP-AUTH patch to
make qmail acting the way you like it. If you are unable to handle the
C-code of qmail and the SMTP-AUTH-patch: pay someone to make the
necessary changes who can handle C.

But:

1) Stop crying. The way you find it is the way it *works*
2) Stop bothering this list. This mailing list is about *vpopmail*,
  you have a problem with qmail-smtpd. qmail has it's own mailing
  list.
--
Best regards
Peter Palmreuther

Ever notice how a cat's tail looks like a fuse?