From: Jeremy Kitchen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 4:51 PM
To: vchkpw@inter7.com
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] qmail-tap

On Friday 06 May 2005 05:08 pm, Andrew Preece wrote:
> I know this probably isn't the right mailing list to post this, but the
> problem I'm having seems to be partially caused by vpopmail.
> I'm a gentoo user, and I hacked the qmail ebuild to include the qmail-tap
> patch, but whenever it logs an email, it logs it once for each alias it
> goes through on the system,

assuming you're talking about 'forwards' of course this will happen.

when a .qmail file with a '&' delivery instruction (forward) is encountered,

qmail-local queues a new message with the recipient.  This will cause the
qmail-tap patch (or stock qmail with the QUEUE_EXTRA modification) to again
process the extra recipient.

There is no way around this, however, there are methods of eliminating
duplicate messages at delivery time (procmail, maildrop)

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Kitchen ++ Systems Administrator ++ Inter7 Internet Technologies,
Inc.