On Friday 13 May 2005 11:39 am, Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>     Is there any "easy" way to migrate from one email address to
> another?  I'm looking for something equivalent to creating the new user,
> copying the mail from the old user to the new user, and deleting the old
> user...

same system?  move their maildir to the new location.

different system?  then it depends.

if they're using imap and you're using imap, you can have them give their imap
credentials on the old server and have it connect and migrate everything over
with a 20 line perl script (see Net::IMAPClient documentation)

if they're not using imap or you're not using imap.. then things can get even
more complicated.

-Jeremy

    [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
      kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet IRC ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
         GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]