I'm reading the new configure options for vpopmail 5.4.10. I'm not sure, but I think the option "--enable-tcpserver-file=PATH" is new.

According to the documentation "this file should list all the static IP's of your machines you want to allow to relay out to the internet".

What I don't understand is why is important for vpopmail to know if the client is able to relay or not, since the RELAYCLIENT variable is usually handled using tcpserver, and it is tcpserver who access the smtp.cdb file.... why should vpopmail know about that file too?

Thanks for any info!

I'm still trying to find out why I get itermittent "vchkpw-smtp: password fail" in my syslog.

In the process of studying this problem, I'm re-buiding vpopmail enabling more debug information, and there's where I noticed the "new" "--enable-tcpserver-file=PATH" option.

Thanks again.

Oscar Retana, GridShield.
San Josť, Costa Rica.
Tel: (506) 258-5757 ext 112