Hello everyone!
I have an issue I have been working on for 2 days solid now. I am a Linux GURU (kindof) but not a newbie by any means.
Using the QMAIL Rocks install
Everything error free until Qmail scanner.
I am getting the notorious 451 qq error

Quick run down
ran up2date on entire system    (successfully)

hit qmail scanner issue, though it might be suid related. Installed the latest stable of perl and ensured suid went on.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] qmailrocks]# rpm -qa | grep perl
perl-libwww-perl-5.79-5
perl-XML-SAX-0.12-7
mod_perl-1.99_16-3
perl-HTML-Tagset-3.03-30
perl-libxml-enno-1.02-31
perl-suidperl-5.8.5-12.FC3
perl-DBI-1.40-5
perl-HTML-Parser-3.35-6
perl-libxml-perl-0.07-30
perl-XML-NamespaceSupport-1.08-6
perl-XML-Twig-3.13-6
perl-XML-LibXML-1.58-1
perl-URI-1.30-4
perl-DBD-MySQL-2.9003-5
perl-Parse-Yapp-1.05-32
perl-XML-Dumper-0.71-2
perl-Convert-ASN1-0.18-3
perl-LDAP-0.31-5
perl-XML-LibXML-Common-0.13-7
newt-perl-1.08-7
perl-DateManip-5.42a-3
perl-XML-Encoding-1.01-26
perl-Time-HiRes-1.55-3
perl-Crypt-SSLeay-0.51-5
perl-5.8.5-12.FC3
perl-Filter-1.30-6
perl-XML-Parser-2.34-5
perl-XML-Grove-0.46alpha-27
See, it there!

But, the config script ./qms-config says,

Testing suid nature of /usr/local/bin/perl...
Whoa - broken perl install found.
Cannot even run a simple script setuid

Now I know this is a lie!

Tried it with and without suid support,
nothing!

This server was running perfect and had been rebooted a few times as well error free. Started this step by step and now email is down.

I have:
edit the /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/run
and even set the softlimit up to 50 megs and down to 2.5 as well
double checked permission on the patch script file and all major files and directories.

All research directs me to soft limit and suidperl. Both are confirmed installed correctly and permission and configs are good.

Only questionable area is my /etc/tcp.smtp which has been swapped around a lot, but I am presently running test with every available possible option as this email is sent out.

It would mean a lot to me if someone could at least point me in the right direction. I feel I am at a dead end now. Google and Yahoo show nothing new.

Brad Sumrall
[EMAIL PROTECTED]