Ken Schweigert wrote:

On 6/9/05, Rick Macdougall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ken Schweigert wrote:
Now that everything is setup and running fine, we're finding that all
the users (300 or so) were configured to login with just username.  To
make it more complicated, the help desk has already configured a few
dozen users to login as [EMAIL PROTECTED]

So my situation is that I need users to be able to login either way.
Is this possible?  Will recompiling with the
"--enable-default-domain=<domain name>" accomplish this?

defaultdomain in ~vpopmail/etc

Just add the one domain you want to be able use [EMAIL PROTECTED] and user to
the file defaultdomain (create it if it doesn't exist)

Thank you, that works perfectly.

A follow-up question ... if I add a second virtual domain to the
machine will I need to add that domain to the defaultdomain file to
get the same results for the new domain or will defaultdomain only
work for one domain?
Hi,

You'll need to use the configure switch --enable-ip-alias-domains and then use vipmap to map a domain to a specific IP, ie you'll need an IP for each domain you want to do that with.

Regards,

Rick