Hello Casey,

On Wednesday, June 15, 2005 at 9:08:38 AM Casey wrote:

> On Tuesday 14 June 2005 20:44, Peter Palmreuther wrote:
>> Maybe because of easier mail user management and the lack of necessity
>> to create a system user ID for every mail recipient?!

> Well, I suppose it's a matter of opinion, but I find it easier to manage
> system users (who need not be able to log in) on a dedicated mail server than
> to deal with the complexities of vpopmail.  A single interface to manage
> either style could be made easily enough.

Guess I made myself not clear. 'mail user management' was meant for
'e-mail only users' only! Even with only one e-mail-domain I find it
easier to maintain these users e.g. using 'qmailadmin' than to
maintain '/etc/passwd' entries.

> I'm not quite sure why you add the '?!' on there, because an entry
> in /etc/passwd is less complex than an entry
> in /var/vpopmail/domain/whatever/vpasswd, certainly not moreso!

I added '?!' because you wondered about why somebody would want to use
vpopmail for only a single domain and I can not answer this question
for everybody else. So '?' meant to say: "Maybe somebody has different
reasons for doing this?" and '!' was intended to express: "This is the
reason why I do install vpopmail even on single-domain servers!" :-)
--
Best regards
Peter Palmreuther

The only difference between a rut and a grave is their dimensions.