Am Freitag, 17. Juni 2005 19:09 schrieb Tom Collins:
> On Jun 17, 2005, at 7:52 AM, Tobias Orlamuende wrote:
> > What are possible implementations of SA on vpopmail?
> >
> > Currently the cluster counts about 100k mailboxes with an average of ~
> > 10k
> > messages an hour.
> > Simscan (and clamav) is already installed.
> > Users don't have do have individual settings (would be nice, but needs
> > IMHO
> > too much hacking in qmailadmin).
>
> If you don't need individual settings, the easiest is to just have
> simscan call spamc.  This way, you can reject spam at the SMTP level
> instead of bouncing it later on.

The only "individual-setting" I need, is to move alle messages which are
marked as spam, to a subfolder on each users Maildir (let's say ".spam").
As far as I understand, spam-tagging could be done by simscan and then a
script is called by each users .qmail-file which greps the mail for the
tagging-result and moves it to the "right" folder.

> I know that Bill Shupp ported the SpamAssassin code from the 5.5 dev
> series into 5.4.10.  I'm not sure if he made the patch available on
> SourceForge or not -- I'm sure he'll chime in on this thread before too
> long.

Seems like Bill is doing quite a lot of work which might make
"daily-business-life" easier. :-)
Hope he will join this thread.
What are the most important advantages / disadvantages on using vpopmails SA
integration in comparison to simscan?

Cheers,

Tobias

PS: Tom, did you see my bug-report for 5.5.1 `show_trace` on the bugtracker?