Tobias Orlamuende wrote:

Am Freitag, 17. Juni 2005 20:29 schrieb Rick Macdougall:
[...]
How do you achieve this goal?
How do you let your users manage these settings?
How is performance when using SA with simscan?
Hi,

By using --enable-spamc-user=y with simscan and by using MySQL based
preferences for spamd.  Users manage their options via a web page I
modified from an earlier version of SA.

Could you please provide more detailed information - e.g. scripts how you do the MySQL thing?
What web-frontend do you use?
Are there any known implementations into qmailadmin or even horde?

Performance is pretty good.  With have spamd running on it's own machine
with 2 different servers calling it.  One server gets about 100K
messages a day and the other gets about 40K messages a day.

I don't want to give it its own machine. Currently there are two identical machines running with kind of a load-balancer in front of it.
Both machines are Opteron 242 with each 4 GB of RAM.
IMHO this should be enough, shouldn't it?

Hi,

I use http://mail.limelyte.com/downloads/standalone3.0.tgz There is also a standalone.tgz for 2.6x users and a squirrel-plugin.tgz for 2.6x users.

They both require register_globals to be on in php.ini. There are other web based front end out there, you can find them on the wiki.

I guess those machines should handle it. It really depends on the volume and the type of messages you are scanning. You won't know until you try it I guess.

Regards,

Rick