On Friday 17 June 2005 15:47, Bruno Negrão wrote:
> > Documentation is wrong (I'll correct it soon): '.' and '=' are
> > accepted in format controls.

Sorry I didn't read this message before my last reply asking about
this...

> Guys, with the "valid characters" now being:
> user    =       [a-z0-9_-.=]
> domain  =       [a-z0-9-.=] with not consecutive "-.", not
> leading or ending "-."
>
> Maybe now they are cover the majority of the real life messages,
> is that right?

Domains ending with . are perfectly valid (and technically more
correct as . is the root domain).  I don't know how common it is
for people to type a trailing dot on email addresses, but I do it
all the time (and on this message too, just to prove a point).

Cheers,
--
Casey Allen Shobe | http://casey.shobe.info
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | cell 425-443-4653