Hello Casey,

On Sunday, June 19, 2005 at 9:52:55 PM Casey wrote:

>>      printf "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" |vchkpw /usr/bin/env
>> 3<&0 - check if environment was printed (should be with correct
>> password presented)
>> - check 'vpasswd' and 'vpasswd.cdb'.

> That works [...]

If *THAT* works your dovecot must use something else but this 'vchkpw'
you used, or use non-plain authentication (I don't know dovecot, so I
don't know about its capabilities), because else it does nothing
different than printing username-password string to file descriptor 3
of vchkpw and vchkpw than updates vpasswd.
Best regards
Peter Palmreuther

A woman is like a dresser ... some man always goin' through her