Hi list.

We have email server base on qmail+vpopmail+mysql.
Clients receive mail via POP3.
This is qmail-pop3d run script:
#----------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
exec 2>&1
QMAIL="/var/qmail"
ME=$(head -1 $QMAIL/control/me)
PATH="$QMAIL/bin:$PATH"

exec tcpserver -v -DpHRl $ME -X 0 pop3 \
        $QMAIL/bin/qmail-popup $ME \
        /usr/local/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw \
        $QMAIL/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir
#----------------------------------------
~vpopmail/bin/vchkpw - checks for user and password by
default in colums:
       vpopmail.vpopmail.pw_name    char(32)
       vpopmail.vpopmail.pw_domain  char(64)
       vpopmail.vpopmail.pw_passwd  char(40)

Everything for mysql is in the vmysql.c?

But we already had one big database with client's data
with replication servers. It will be nice to use this database.
The database alrealy had colums:
        email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        pass: MD5-hash

It's enough for authentication.

Is it possible to do authentication via foreign database?

Thanks,

 butsyk